Thursday, August 14, 2008

Vacation Update

Sorry, I haven't posted all week. We've been traveling, out of state, during this past week. In case you haven't already known that.
We started out, early Saturday morning. Stopped over in Martinsville, VA to visit my grandmother. She's going to be 84 years old, this week. Bless her heart. She's the sweetest lady I've ever known. I'm the oldest grandchild and my girls are her only "blood" great-grandchildren. We had a short, but wonderful visit. Jim and I took the girls swimming, at Fairy Point State Park. It would've been too much for grandma, so she stayed home. The girls enjoyed swimming and playing in the playground...




We always hate to say goodbye!


On our way to Anderson, SC, we stopped by the Joe Gibbs racing center. Guess what, come to find out, we saw Joe Gibbs, himself, in the parking lot! We didn't even realize it was him, at first! Had we known, he might've signed Sarah's shirt, that we got. Oh well. But here are just a few pics of our adventure. I can't believe how clean these floors were...even in the bathrooms! lol. So shiny, they looked wet, but dry as a bone! This place is gorgeous!




We finally arrived in SC, early Monday evening. What's a trip to the lake without some swimming and a boat ride, right??? We've waited all summer, just for this! (We won't talk about the little bit of sunburn lol).




And, what's a vacation without some scrapbooking involved??? Here's one of the layouts I did, last night. We played a "mean" game of pool the other night. Some, good, family fun! Speaking of scrapbooking, tomorrow I'm heading north to Charlotte to attend my very first scrapbook convention! (CKC-Creating Keepsakes Convention). I'm sooo excited!

No comments: