Thursday, June 19, 2008

The week of June 16th re-cap

It started with the EBB Monthly Kit project. This kit was all about baby. Included in the kit was a word album. Now, I'm not crazy about mini albums and word albums. They're gorgeous, but not really for me. I prefer layouts and such. So, after thinking about what to do with this project, I figured it out. I wanted something that would include both girls. I can't leave one out and focus on the other. It's "not fair". lol. So, I decided to use the album as an addition to a layout. A wonderful and fun way to include additional images, without overcrowding. This kit was lots of fun to work with, once I got the mojo flowing.


Yes, I've done some scrapping this week. Good thing, since I won't get much done this weekend.

The other week was my week for EBB's weekly challenge. I've been told that I should do a layout about my Rascal Flatts craze. So, that's the June Week #2 Challenge at EBB. To create a layout about your obessions. It could be about anything, not necessarilly music. Chocolate, coffee, favorite actor, scrapbooking, etc. The possiblilities are endless.
I have to say, this layout was fun to create. I used several different techniques. Distressing inks & paints. I never used distressing paints before, and it was fun!
So, here's my Rascal Flatts Obsession layout! Some call it an obsession, I call it dedication!



The above layout may have been the most fun, but this next one might be one of my favorites, too. I'm very proud of Lizzy, this year. She's so smart and does so well in school (even if she does whine and complain about it). Despite what she says, she has lots of friends and is very successful. A good reader, too. She was giving an award from the Mount Markham Teacher's Association, this week. One of three kids in her class. She was totally surprised. Even, I kept it a secret from her. Her award is for her Excellent Academic Performance. These papers were also part of EBB's June Kit. I'm lovin' the stars!!!!

Way to go, Lizzy! Keep up the good work. We love you!

No comments: