Friday, September 12, 2008

It Still Feels Good

After 10 years of marriage...."It Still Feels Good."!!!! Yes, that's a Rascal Flatts song,and, oh so true. 10 years ago, Jim and I walked down that aisle, and I'd do it all again. To commemerate the special event, I thought I'd share with you bloggers some wedding pics. Hopefully, I will get a new pic, to do a "then and now" for ya'all.
Here's how it started, a mutual friend had introduced us, back in the Spring of '03. I was with someone else (we won't go there, now) for three years, and ready to get out of that miserable relationship. Jim came to my rescue. We started dating and it got serious, fast. I knew he was going to be the one. After two years he proposed, on my birthday. I was sick, we were leaving for work, and he got down and asked me to marry him. Even though, I new it was coming, it was all the sweetest thing. After four years of being together, we finally walked down the aisle. It was September 12, 1998, and I can still remember it, like it was yesterday. It rained in the morning, briefly, then got humid and sunny. Temps were in the low 80's, all in all a beautiful day. Aside from misplacing the marriage license (another long post lol), it was the perfect day. Until this day, people still talk about what a GREAT reception we had! If I could re-live the day, I would! It was amazing then, and is still amazing now. I wouldn't change any of it, for the world. Now, I have everything one could ask for. A wonderful husband, two beautiful children, a house, a job, and plenty of good friends. Life is great and as my grandmother quoted, "I have been blessed". Thank you God, for it all!
I can't wait to see what adventures the next 10 years will bring!!!





1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

Awww, such beautiful pictures!! Happy Anniversary to you and the "prince", LOL!