Saturday, October 4, 2008

Tri-Valley Cheerleading Competition 2008

I survived it!!! Woohooo. I'm tired and cranky, and have had enough to last me another year! It was fun, to a point. Loved seeing the spirit and motivation in these girls. Kinda made me wish I was a kid again, too. But...wow...have you ever seen so many school girls in one place??????? Woah! lol Crazy!
I hung out at the aud. for 10 hours! Why??? Because this is my first year and I'm learning! lol. Sarah had to be there at 8, was going on around 9'ish. Lizzy was on in the afternoon, came with her coach, so that wasn't a problem. Only had to deal with getting one kid and myself out the door. Thank goodness...since we had to be there by 8 a.m. And, those who know me...know I don't do mornings well..
We arrived, getting there was easy, at that time. Parking was nuts, but not too bad and the lines weren't long. We found Sarah's squad and I found a decent spot to park myself. It was a long wait, anticipating Sarah's team going on. But, with my Dunkin Donuts coffee, and my box of Munchkins that I snuck in...I did ok. Observing, while waiting...I found where the girls were sitting with their squads, across the way.

Sarah's the one not in her seat, of course.


Lizzy was up in the "nose bleed" seats. I think she's leaning against the back wall.


Mount Markham Flag Squad...
(They're just so cute) Sarah's on the right.



Afterwards...full of excitement! (Sarah kinda looks ticked lol, but, really, she was excited).


And the Jr. Pee Wee's...(that would be Lizzy's squad)
They rocked!!! Only three spots away from making the championships!!!! Way to go, Colts!


Of course, then there's the Tri-Valley Dance Party. While waiting for the judgest to compile the results, this is what we had for entertainment. Imagine 100's of school-aged cheerleaders shouting, "Who Let The Dogs Out". C'mon girls, that's just a scrapbook layout waiting to happen..."Who let the cheerleader's out"!!!!! Tthey also played other great songs, like, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and the "Chicken Dance" lol.


Both girls got to bring home participation trophies. Sarah, was especially, proud of hers. As for me, well, yes, it was a long day, but I'm very proud of both of these girls for all their efforts! They're both champions, in my book!

3 comments:

Born2scrap said...

way to go girls!!

um doesn't mom get a participation trophy?

ScrapbookingPrincess said...

I have two very special trophies, honey!!! :)))

Corina said...

fun!! Glad you made it out alright, LOL! ;D