Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Home is where you hang your hat!

Even in the virtual world. People who aren't very familiar with the net, just don't get it. But, there are those of us who have made, I guess, a second home on the world wide web. Or, if you have too much time on your hands, like myself, more than one! Let's talk about message boards! Most of you who read my blog (if anybody does lol), belongs to a message board. I know this, cuz it's you guys I stole the blog ideas from! We go on-line, log into our "homes", just like walking into our houses and hanging up our coats. We pull out our keyboard and socialize with our friends, family, and neighbors. Yes, I do think of my mb friends as family. Especially those that I know more than others. I'm active in several mb's. I have www.ebbcreations.com, www.creatingkeepsakes.com, now, www.allmomentsremembered.com and http://groups.msn.com/SunroomLibrary/yourwebpage2.msnw. I'm the least active in the sunroom. Probably because most of my time, lately is spent at EBB & AMR. So, my question is, what is it about these places, that keeps bringing us back? How can we care, so much, about these people that we've never even met? Why does it make us feel so good when complete "strangers" reply to our posts or comment on our layouts? Why is it that when we're out in public, like maybe shopping for SB supplies, and our fellow mb'rs are the first things on our minds? It's like we're all being brain washed or something? Like when your 4 year old watches High School Musical day in and day out and lives the movie in her own little head. But, unlike a movie on tv, our mb homes are real. Our mb'rs are real. They are our friends, family, inspiration and support. We can talk to them, get opinions, and, most of the time, not worry about being offended. They don't care what we look like, what color are hair is, or how we dress. All they care about is that we're there for each other in our own world wide home.
What are your favorite things about your mb's? Is it anything that I mentioned above. Is it stalking the mailman for your latest sb purchased which your mb friends talked you into getting (without twisting your arm). Watching for those beautiful handmade cards that come from people you've never seen before? That, I find amazing. People I've never seen before, giving me these gorgous cards. I know how much time, effort, money, and talent goes into making these, and yet, I still get tons of them.
I love all my homes and the inspiration that comes from them. The swaps, the gallery posts, and all the helpful tips. Plus the nsbr stuff, little things that can make one laugh and cry just by the click of a button. My scrapbooking has come a long way. I've done things to my layouts I've never dreamed up a few years ago.
I just wanted to post something like this because some people just have no clue. It's been a year since I joined my friends at Cocoa, who have been so wonderful. I've been posting on the ckmb just over a year. During this past year, I have discovered the other groups, too. I'll never turn back and look forward to what you guys will "give" me during the next year to come!

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I totally agree with you.

Anonymous said...

everything you said is so true. for me, EBB is home. its the only place where i am 100% comfortable just being me. DH thinks im crazy most of the time, and then he thinks im crazy when i talk about all you EBBers like good friends. he doesnt understand and he never will. and its ok because i have all you ladies who do understand!we love you, jen!

All moments remembered said...

I am addicted to my own site!! It is crazy how you feel lost until you check in on everyone!! Glad you are part of our MB you sure add a sparkle to it.
Stacey

Rachel said...

This was such a sweet post! I am so glad to see you around AMR. It really is our little "home" on the web :)

Sandy/tx-nana-scraps said...

Hi, my name is Sandy and I'm addicted to allmomentsremembered.com LOL
Nicely said.
tx-nana-scraps

Dee said...

couldn't possibly agree with you more! it's amazing how attached we get to our cyber friends, isn't it?! very well stated :-)