Monday, July 28, 2008

Family Day

Saturday morning we had to pick Lizzy up from camp. She spent the week at Chambers Weselyan Church Camp. She'd had a great time! We decided to take advantage of the trip and make it a "Family Day", which we don't get to do, nearly enough. The weather was decent. We took a boat tour on Seneca Lake. If you're not familiar with New York State, we have just about everything we need in one state! City, country, mountains, and beautiful lakes! Seneca Lake is downstate, one of the 11 Finger Lakes. Also located in "wine country" But, because we had the girls with us and a 3 hour drive home, there was no wine for us! lol.
The boat ride was beautiful. Got a piece of history. Learned about the two Salt Refineries that make salt for all over the world. Also got pics of one of the highest waterfalls in New York State!
The boat departed from Watkins Glen and the ride lasted about an hour.
Here are some of the 100+ pictures that I took.

One of my favorites:


The girls got to be "Jr. Captains" (Lizzy's a wreck, a brush touched her head once, at camp! lol)



The waterfall (I can't remember it's name?)


Seneca Lake view (Gorgeous)



WANTED:





My Family:

Lizzy took a picture of Jim and I but it didn't come out :(

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Awesome pictures. Looks like you all had a great time. I didn't think they allowed brushes at camp! My girls don't brush their hair either unless I get on them about it or I do it myself. Mostly the latter!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos-My sister & I are taking our granddaughters to fingerlakes next weekend. We will be in Watkins Glen on Monday & want to take a boat ride for sure. Did you go on Captain Bills Stroller IV?
Thanks

ScrapbookingPrincess said...

Yes, itsroz, that is the Stroller IV! I'm sure you'll have a great time!