Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Where would we be....

without the internet??? Some friends at EBB got me thinking about it today. The message board over there is temporarily down. So, in conversing back and forth in the "shoutbox" (thank God for that lol), it was brought up. How often are we on-line? What in the world did we do to entertain ourselves before the internet came along? Almost as bad as kids with video games. I don't know about many of you, but, I myself, spend more than half of my life on-line. How sad is that? Well, actually, it depends on the time of year. But, with my job, during down time, that's what I do. Browse the net, hang out and play on mb's and so on. Now, of course, with having high-speed internet at home, we're on-line way too much. Jim and I will sit there in the living room with both of our laptops open playing on-line, instead of talking to each other. But, on that same note, some of what we're doing on-line starts conversation with each other, too.
So, have you found yourself not involved in as many activities outside the home because of the internet? Or would you just be flipping through tv channels? That's me. I still have my activities. I still scrap, I still go to Girl Scout functions, etc. But, now, instead of watching endless hours of nonsense TV, I watch the internet! lol. I rarely watch tv anymore. I turn my computer on before I turn the tv on.
So, share with us, how many hours a day are you on-line? What do you use the internet for? Do you watch much tv at all? Does the housework get caught up when the internet is temporarily down? I get all aggravated and flustered when my internet goes out. What about you?

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I get nervous when I can't get on the internet, how sad is that? And yes, when I'm down I am more productive around the house. :)

Kristin Michelle said...

i actually need my internet to have problems so that i can be productive!
with no EBB today i finished 3 layouts and caught up on some tivo shows!
although i am starting to have withdrawls!