Wednesday, February 13, 2008

First, ever, altered clipboard.


Well, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the term (like my darling husband), altering is one of the latest fads in the paper craft world. Altering an item is adding all kinds of good stuff to something, that you probably wouldn't even dream of. People alter things from regular trinket boxes, to tin lunch boxes, mailboxes, etc and so on. In this case, even clipboards.

This project I did for the EBB Design Team submissions. Originally, one of the requirements was to alter something, anything you wanted. I'm not thrilled with altering boxes. I did several at Christmas time and, to be honest, I hated it! I'd do them if I had to, but not my favorite paper projects. So, I thought, hey, a clipboard would be easy. It's flat, not too much to it. Immediately, I knew what I wanted to do and the theme I wanted to create. As I started gathering materials, the DT requirements were changed. Not a huge big deal. Actually, a little simpler and more versatile, I think. Just a matter of finding products to use, locally. Anyway, not to roam off topic. But, one of the manufacturers judging the contest is, YES, K & Company. One of my, most favorite, SB companies!!!! Since the submissions had changed to making projects (of any kind) featuring each of the four manufacturers involved, I knew this one would be easy. I already have tons of K & Company goodies on hand, seeing that they are my favorite!

Being that Valentine's Day is tomorrow, I thought about a wedding theme. I went back and forth between a couple of ideas. But, with the products I had, at hand, I knew the wedding one would be easy to do. Our colors in our wedding were peach and green. More of a hunter green, than this particular shade. But, I love how these Primas look with the peach paper! Also, they make a great border, hiding the brown from the clipboard!!!

I love this picture from our wedding. My base started with Bazzil Bling cardstock. Then scalloped the edges of the K & Co. Metallics. Stamped it with the stamp that has the verse from 1 Corinthians 13. The bottom of the clipboard is trimmed with another sheet of the K & Co. Metallics, topped with some lace. The lace is garnished with K & Co. Rhinestones (I love those). The glitter flourish is the K & Co. Glitter Rub Ons. The flower border is made with the Primas from EBB's January kit. The pen used was a Sakura. There are also a few of K & Co. felt flowers.

I'm very proud of this project and am thrilled to show it off. When I showed it to my DH (darling husband) last night, he says, "It's very cute, but how are you supposed to write on it???" I'm convinced he was kidding about that, but it was quite funny!
I'd love to hear your comments! Thanks for looking.

No comments: